Day 2: Breakfast at Macy's


After our long walk from the hotel, I felt I thoroughly deserved a treat. It had also been drawn to my attention that many New Yorker's don't have much concept of distance, having asked many people for directions and being repeatedly told to catch the bus or the subway, and then turning a corner and seeing Macy's straight ahead.

I was slightly confused by the "Breakfast Specials" menu at the cafe in Macy's, which consisted of 'Bolognese' and 'A la vodka', and as much as vodka for breakfast sounded lovely, and very normal, I settled for scrambled egg on a bagel. Beautiful!

The cafe was very simple, all about the food. It had tiled walls and flooring, reminding me of an old fashioned kitchen seen in something like "Muppets in Manhattan". There was something for everyone in there, it had a very relaxed atmosphere.